How to do a $200 facial at home
Ciao bella! I hope you are doing well!
I have a very strong desire to have the most beautiful skin. Skincare is definitely one of my favorite parts of the beauty world.
If you have beautiful skin... then you can go out with a bare face and feel stunning no matter what, and that has always been my goal.
Every week, I try and do a minimum of one facial, but I aim for two as much as possible. I try and do a facial every Sunday and Wednesday night. This way I can have a fresh face at the beginning of a new week and as a refresher in the middle of the week.
I feel like doing my own facials every week keeps me in tune as well with my own skin. Plus lets be honest I do not have the budget for one professional facial every month, so I take the matters into my own hands (no pun intended)!
I do invest a bit more in the products that I use for my facials though because I know they will be used and have seen extraordinary results! Although I am sure there are probably some drugstore products that can work as well.
PRODUCTS I AM CURRENTLY USING:
1. Purity Cleanser by Philosophy
2. (2nd cleanser)
3. Fresh Umbrian Clay Scrub with Bamboo
4. Origins Charcoal Mask
5. Rose toner
6. Luna Oil
7. Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream
8. LaNeige Hydrating Lip Mask
STEPS FOR A $200 FACIAL
1. Remove all the makeup off your face. I use the Purity facial cleanser for this step because it removes every speck of makeup so well, and even ALL of my eye makeup. I love it so much!
2. I always do a double cleanse because even though the purity is a cleanser, I use it to remove makeup, so it is not actually doing any cleaning of my pores.
3. For the third step I go in with a scrub to remove all the dead skin cells. I purposefully use the Fresh Umbrian Clay Scrub because it has bamboo to exfoliate the skin, instead of little beads which are not good to go down the drain and into water and nature.
4. After exfoliating my skin, and before applying the mask I like to boil water and pour it into a bowl and steam my face. I place a towel over my head and let me skin absorb the moisture. I often too will put lemon juice, or Eucalyptus in the water too, to open up my sinuses at the same time. I love this step, because you can put on some relaxing music and enjoy for 3-5 minutes. Do not worry if you cough a little bit during this step, with the hot steam that is a normal reaction.
5. Now that my pores have all opened up on my face and neck, I like to go in with the mask. And depending on what I am working on with my skin, I will choose the corresponding mask. At the moment, I have been loving using the Origins Charcoal Mask because it really works like a magnet at pulling out the impurities. I usually leave the mask on for about 20-30 minutes, and then I rinse off with warm water.
6. After admiring my clean and fresh new skin, I apply a gentle rose spray toner. I love Rose on my skin at the moment, because Rose is very calming and works wonders at balancing skin tones. I have noticed a dramatic improvement in my complexion while using rose toner, and rose oil products.
**That is a big tip I offer to anyone who might have a lot of pink in their skin tone. Rose will help to even it out, trust me!**
7. It is extremely important to hydrate after a facial!! So if you have dryer skin or you are a man who does not do facials very often, I would recommend using Clinique Moisturizing Gel, which will give a good surge of moisture, while also not making your face oily. At the moment though, I have been enjoying the Luna oil, because it gives a nice balance to the skin.
8. You must never neglect your eyes, so every night I finish my skincare routine with the Fresh Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream, because it is such a lovely lightweight consistency, and is a brilliant formula for young eyes. It will work to keep your eyes young and bright without packing in all the anti-aging yet, which is very important if you are under the age of 25. Also please remember when you apply eye cream, that it is really important to use your ring fingers and lightly dab the cream, do not do any swiping motions. The eye skin is extremely sensitive, and you do not want to be pulling around the eyes which can create premature wrinkles.
9. I always apply lip balm and hand cream before I go to bed every night, and I am currently in love with a lip balm that I think everyone needs to be using! It is the LaNeige Lip Hydrating Mask!! I wake up every morning and it is still on my lips, and my lips have never been softer. I just wanted to share with you because if you are like me and appreciate a good lip color on your lips every day to complete your face makeup, or you have dry/chapped lips, you need to invest in this lip balm. It is a life saver, and I have baby smooth lips every single day!
I hope that this post is helpful for you if you looking to treat yourself to a facial or are wanting to improve your skin. If you are just starting out with weekly facials definitely try this routine once a week, and I promise you will see a marked improvement in your skin even the next day. I recently had my boyfriend and his friend join me in my Sunday facial routine, and they woke up the next morning blown away at the difference. It was so cute to see two grown men, admiring and stroking their face, because they were even impressed with how soft their skin was from the facial. And I might point out that, they have both asked me in the mean time to do more facials together, and for the list of ingredients.
So if two men enjoy the results of this facial, then I can assure you, it is a weekly treat you will always be looking forward to!
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns, I am happy to discuss the products, procedure, or even your skin type with you to make sure you have a good experience.
Also if you would like me to make a video on my weekly facial routine, please leave a comment below!
A bientôt mes amis!